Starting A Business.
First steps - look before you leap.
Starting a business of your own is an exciting and potentially rewarding move but - getting it right is more a matter of judgement than luck. For example:
- Have you adequately researched your market? What are you offering that your competitors are not?
- Have you formalised your assumptions in a written business plan? Without one, you may lack a clear direction and you will certainly find it difficult to raise finance.
- Do you intend to trade as a limited company or not? The contrasting legal and tax effects can be significant.
Our Starting a Business service is aimed at those who are thinking about starting a business on their own or who have taken the first steps along that path. We try to highlight some of the pitfalls along the way as well as offering advice for making the venture a success.
A vital first step is to line up the right professional help and the role of the accountant is so important in this respect.
- Raising Finance - reasons to consider whether you need finance and suggestions of different ways of funding.
- You and the Taxman - issues relating to VAT and PAYE plus legal rules and regulations.
- Managing for Profit - growing the business.
Keelings' experience of working with new businesses is extensive. No matter how tough the problem, you can be sure that we have handled something like it before. So - give your business a head start and discuss with us the ways in which we can help you.
For more information, contact us.
Keelings Ltd, Broad House, 1 The Broadway, Old Hatfield, Herts. AL9 5BG.
Registered in England, Company no. 3589732, Registered address as above.
Tel. 01707 258844 Fax. 258811